January 21, 2009

BLIP.TV



As you may know, some of us are looking for an alternate video site to host our covers in with less troubles than YouTube provides with the big record companies and music groups. There's only a few that's worth checking out.

Recently I uploaded a Limp Bizkit cover to YouTube and decided to do the same to a video site I discovered from watching videos from the that guy with the glasses website, called blip.tv. Sadly, I can't really say what's the copyright issue there. For sure, it's a smaller site than YouTube, so it doesn't get as much attention, and one of the upload options refers directly to copyright info. It actually gives you the option to drop any copyright claims on it.

What I can tell you, is that the video and audio quality is sweet (as you can see), and the upload time is kind of the same as in YouTube. Maybe a bit longer since it actually tells you that the "processing" part is actually the site converting your video to flash.

My next experiment is try to upload a cover tune from a band that usually gets blocked in YouTube. I'll let you faithful readers know.