February 18, 2009

EL-E-VA-TION!


STEREO/HQ HERE
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: there's not enough girl drummers out there, so I get all giddy when I stumble upon one who can rock and cannot help but to post her.

Drummer Britt (B2U2) takes Larry Mullen Jr.'s seat and covers U2's "Elevation", making it awesome once again after it got ruined for me a few years back (thanks, Lara Croft: Tomb Rider). The title is accurate: after the intro this song just takes off!

Halfway through the song, one of the annotations says her ipod died and she does the rest by memory. I don't know if this means she played the last part without listening to a backing track, but if that's the case, that's friggin impressive (at least for me), although I'm guessing she just meant the click.

Info Update: After trading a message with Britt, it turns out she was indeed listening to the backing track on her ipod; she played the last part of the song with no backing track or click what so ever... as I said: friggin impressive!