October 24, 2008

NOTHING SOUR ABOUT THIS GIRL


STEREO/HQ HERE

Continuing with the girl-musician theme I now bring you Chilean LRRG feelingblack17 and her rendition of the Stone Temple Pilots' "Sour Girl." I've always regarded this song as an easy one. Now that I see another bassist play it, I realize I could not have been more wrong. The verse seems to have this "walking" quality that makes it very intimidating.

If you've realized the same as me, you don't have to be afraid, however. Not-so-sour-girl feelingblack17 very calmly kicked it's ass. I, for one, predict a brilliant future for this young bassist.

Interesting note: for those of you who don't speak spanish: on the video description she dedicates the video to her sister who apparently plays the cello. My guess is musical talent runs wild over there!