October 27, 2008

EMBARRASSING... (for me)



STEREO/HQ HERE

Come in and check out LRRG popstotexas' great skill! His Gibson SG Special is awesome, his sound is awesome, his playing is awesome... 

...so why is this embarrassing?, I hear you ask (silently)... because I have no idea what he's playing! I know it's a song called "Set Me Free," but who is it from? I have no clue; and I've looked everywhere. And the fact that he regards it as a "classic song" in his video description makes me feel even more embarrassed. *blush*.

I know one thing, though. He's not playing the original version of the song. Living-Room Rock God popstotexas is covering an alternate version by kick-ass German guitarist rookyfromberlin.

One thing is for certain: that's Rob Halford, singing with the audience at the beginning of the video; footage taken by himself (popstotexas himself) at a Judas Priest concert.


Later today: 500 YouTube Subscribers Special post.

Update: thanks to good samaritan BlkSabbass I now know the original is "Set Me Free" by The Supremes.